- Here’s a bargain no builder can pass up! These high quality, high gain antennas were made to work with the Yuneec Q500/4K drones and sold for $129, and indeed we still sell them for that purpose, as the Q500 is a classic and good looking aircraft, so if you have one you should have this setup as well.
- Anyway, the kit is made up of two antennas, one 2.4GHz and one 5.8GHz, very high gain and directional.
- This means better range in free space than the usual panel type antennas.
- The line of sight range is about 4000FT.
- They are very rugged and precision made, and there is almost no limit to their uses in 2.4 and 5.8 RC modeling.
The Physical details:
- One each 2.4 and 5.8 high gain helical antennas with ground planes (reflectors) that double the gain.
- Both mounted on a rugged thermoplastic plate.
- The plastic plate may be cut to remove the antennas or mount them in a different way.
- Each antenna has a 6.625″ length of RG-58/U and Gold plated SMA connector.
- You also get two SMA-to-U.FL cables.
- The U.FL connectors are what plug into the actual radios inside the drone remote controls, and the SMA jacks connect to the SMAs on the antenna cables.
- The U.FL cables are 4.5″ and 9″ long, and the connectors are Gold plated as well.
- A couple of wire ties are also included – are part of the kit.
All the TECH details are below:
This kit is designed for all Yuneec quadcopters using the ST-10 and ST-10+ controller for ranges of 4,000 ft unboosted and 8,000-12,000ft boosted (with optional 1 5.8ghz amplifier and 1 2.4ghz amplifier, not included at this price).
What is included in this kit:
1 u.fl to rp-sma female cable (rg-178 coax) 9cm long (for 2.4ghz rc control antenna)
1 u.fl to rp-sma female cable (rg-178) 20 cm long for 5.8GHz wi-fi antenna (video)
1 2.4GHz Half Sphere helix 9dBi LHCP (to extend rc range)
1 5.8GHz LHCP 4.25 turns 5.8ghz helix antenna (to extend wi-fi/video range)